Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I’m very fair but my vagina is extremely dark. Please help.

I am a 28-year-old woman and am getting married soon. I am very fair but my vagina is extremely dark. I don’t understand why it is so. I always keep it clean and dry and as per my gynaecologist’s advice, I’ve been using an aloe-based lightening cream for a year but there has been no change at all. I visited my gynaecologist again but she said nothing else will work. I can only have sex with the lights off because I’m so embarrassed. It’s making me feel depressed. Please help.


Hi Anisha, 

However my vagina's color is very fair, but, In fact, most women find that the color of the skin around their vagina is  than the skin on the rest of their body. That means that the area around your vagina might be anything from a very light pink to a very dark brown or even a purple color.

But it’s natural and healthy for the skin around your vagina to look a bit darker, says dermatologist Hendry de Vries of the Amsterdam Medical Centre.

“The skin is very thin and elastic, that’s why it can look unnaturally dark. If you stretch it a bit you will see it becomes lighter. But in places where it’s folded the skin is not stretched out and therefore looks darker,” he explains.

How to Lighten My Vagina Skin
Even though the answer to ‘why is my vagina dark’ is usually a perfectly normal explanation, there are some women who still want to see lighter skin down there. If that’s the case with you, these home remedies might be worth a try.

● Always wear cotton undergarments.

● Avoid talcum powder and hair removal creams on the vaginal area.

● Exfoliate regularly with a mixture of oatmeal and unsweetened yogurt.
Make a paste of unsweetened yogurt and dried orange peels; this promotes fairer skin.

● Gram flour that has been mixed with milk to form a paste is a good lightener. Add a touch of lemon juice to it to get it to the right consistency, and use it for 20 minutes before rinsing it away.

● Rub papaya or tomatoes on the area, and let them rest there for a bit, then rinse.

Note: Be patient, It takes a great deal of time for lightening to occur.

All the best,

No comments:

Post a Comment